The Durston Warranty
Durston Tools products are designed and manufactured to the highest standards and deliver high-quality performance, ease of use and years of reliable service. If you encounter any difficulties while using your product, we recommend that you first consult the product instructions or the information in the support section on www.durston.com, where (depending on the product type) you may find downloadable product instructions or frequently asked questions. In the unlikely event of a failure of the product, Durston Tools will arrange for your product to be serviced, free-of-charge when you informed us of the defect during the warranty period, provided that the product was used in accordance with the product instructions.
The warranty period starts on the date of purchase as stated on your proof-of-purchase and expires at the end of the period indicated in the section “Warranty period” below.
If you require service, but you have lost your proof-of-purchase, or the retailer is unknown to Durston Tools (e.g. a seller on an online auction channel), the warranty period shall be deemed to have started six months from the date of manufacture indicated on the product or derived from the serial number. If you require service for products without production date or serial number on the product, a valid proof-of-purchase is required. Where a repair is not possible or not commercially viable, Durston Tools may replace the product with a product of similar functionality. After a repair or replacement, the warranty period will continue from the date of the original purchase. If a repair or exchange is not possible, Durston Tools will reimburse the purchase price.
The warranty does not cover consequential damages (including but not limited to loss of materials or loss of income), nor compensation for activities done by yourself, such as regular maintenance. The warranty excludes, or does not apply if:
- The proof-of-purchase has been altered in any way or is made illegible.
- The model number, serial number or production date code on the product has been altered, removed or made illegible.
- Repairs or product modifications have been carried out by unauthorised service organisations or persons.
- The defect is the result of use outside the intended purpose.
- The defect is caused by abuse of the product or by environmental conditions that are not in conformance with the product instructions of the product or reasonable.
- The defect is caused by connecting peripherals, additional equipment or accessories other than those recommended in the instructions and/or provided by Durston Tools. The unit has been damaged, including but not limited to damage by animals, lightning, abnormal voltage, fire, natural disaster, transportation or water (unless the product instructions expressly state that the product may be rinsed). Normal wear and tear or replacement of by their nature consumable parts.
- The items in questions are consumables, such as but not limited to filters, polish, light bulbs, and soldering boards.
In order to avoid unnecessary inconvenience, we advise you to read the product instructions carefully and/or consult the support section of Durston Tool’s website before contacting your dealer or Durston Tools. To obtain service within the warranty period, please visit the website for contact and service options.
To be able to help you efficiently when you contact Durston Tools, please have available:
- The product type- or model number
- The proof-of-purchase (e.g. original invoice or cash receipt) indicating the date of purchase, dealer name and model number of the product
- The product serial number or production date code as specified on the product.
- It is also helpful to have photographs of the problem or damaged unit or component in order to help identify the issue and the most expedient way to resolve it.
The warranty period for Durston Tools products produced and distributed by Durston Tools is 12 months.
These warranty terms are valid only for Durston Tools-branded products that are produced and distributed by W Durston Limited, Park House Business Centre, Desborough Park Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP12 3DJ, United Kingdom. A list of these products you can find at www.durston.com. This Warranty does not impair or affect mandatory statutory rights of the end user against. Durston Tools reserves the right to audit all claims to ensure that these terms and conditions have been met and to request additional information or supporting documents regarding any claims. It is understood and agreed that Durston Tools’ liability whether in contract, in tort, under any warranty, in negligence or otherwise shall not exceed the return of the amount of the purchase price paid by the purchaser and under no circumstances shall Durston Tools’ be liable for special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages or lost profits, lost revenues or cost savings. The price stated for the products is a consideration in limiting Durston Tools’ liability.