Jewellers’ Benches: Which Is Best For You?

When it comes to crafting jewellery, the jewellery-making tools that you use are, of course, important. Whilst skill and creativity form up to 80% of a good piece of jewellery, the remaining 20% can be attributed to the tools. However, it’s not just the actual tools that make all the difference; your workspace can fuel your imagination, inspire your creativity and help you to create superior quality jewellery. Often underestimated, a jeweller’s bench is central to his or her success. At Durston Tools, we have a fantastic choice of jewellers’ benches and accessories to enable you to create the perfect workspace.

The Entry Level Workbench

HOT
£94.00 exc. VAT

Overview:
The entry level workbench has a 25mm thick worktop providing excellent support for projects on a solid wood frame.  The high railing around the top edge and sides prevent anything from slipping off. It provides exceptional value with no compromise on quality and takes little more than five minutes to assemble.

Size:
950mm x 930mm x 590mm

Composition:
Eco-friendly hardwood

The Student Jeweller’s Workbench

New
£214.50 exc. VAT

Overview:
The Student Bench is the latest in our comprehensive line-up of professional working benches, taking a matter of minutes to assemble. The beautifully finished hardwood surface means the bench is really sturdy, with a thick 25-millimetre working surface and a retaining surround which stops anything from slipping off. A bench peg, adjustable armrests and mandrel holes are all included. Finally, a leatherette apron will catch everything from tools to loose filings, keeping your working environment clean and uncluttered.

Size:
930mm x 920mm x 590mm

Composition:
Eco-friendly hardwood

The Professional Jeweller’s Workbench

Overview:
This professional jeweller’s workbench is a great beginner’s bench that will last for life. Featuring a rail around the edge to prevent pieces sliding off, as well as three side drawers and a galvanised steel-lined central draw with cut out and additional rear shelf.

Size:
945mm x 475mm x 955mm

Composition:
Eco-friendly hardwood

The Superior Jeweller’s Bench

£500.00£715.00 exc. VAT

Overview:
Crafted from either solid oak or hardwood, the superior jeweller’s bench provides a versatile workspace. A high rail prevents loss or slippage. Six graduated side drawers offer plenty of handy storage space, while the large centre tray is lined with galvanised steel, perfect to catch and remove filings and scraps. Above the tray, you will find an additional work tray and central drawer. This perfect mid-level jeweller’s bench is created with versatility and quality in mind.

Size:
1240mm x 610mm x 1010mm

Composition:
Eco-friendly hardwood or oak

The Watchmaker’s Bench

£495.00 exc. VAT

Overview:
This watchmakers’ bench has everything you need for precision work. The antistatic laminate worktop is specially designed for easy pick-up with tweezers and anti-bounce, to catch dropped items, while a subtle rail prevents loss of small items. Storage is comprehensive, with a central drawer, four side drawers, and an additional side cupboard. A footrest and ergonomic armrests ensure comfort and a steady hand for even the most intricate work.

Size:
1218mm x 609mm x 969mm

Composition:
Wood and laminate

The Superior Watchmaker’s Bench

Overview:
The exceptional craftmanship of the superior watchmaker’s bench makes it a perfect addition to the watchmaker’s studio. The traditional green antistatic desktop prevents bounce, and makes for easy tweezer work, while the subtle railing prevents the loss of small watch parts. There is ample storage, with a useful central drawer and an additional four drawers on each side, as well as two cupboards (one on each side). The bench is designed for easy use, and features a footrest and two ergonomic armrests for added precision.

Size:
1318mm x 758mm x 969mm

Composition:
Wood and laminate

There is a reason why big brands and world-renowned jewellers trust Durston Tools to deliver on quality, value and functionality, especially for their workbenches. Whether you are a novice jeweller, a hobby jeweller, or a professional, we can help you to create a jewellery making space that works for you. Are you inspired to create a workspace that works for you? Follow Durston Tools to stay up to date with the latest news, tips and advice from the world of jewellers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.